Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 8 of 100 Days of Weightloss

Do you find sometimes that peoples good intentions actually throw you off track or when you are going in one direction your partner is going in the other?

Its funny how difficult it is for me to know and verbalise what my own needs are sometimes. I didn't know where to start with Day 8's challenge so I decided to google and I fowung the following Blog entry very helpful in triggering my own thoughts

To read  the rest of the blog.........

Day 8: "Help Me Please"


Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Do you ever wish you could get more support from people around you? If only the "helpers" in your life knew exactly what you wanted them to say! With good intentions, people grab cookies out of your hand as they scold you, "should you be eating that?" Or they ignore you and don't say anything, even when you wear much smaller clothes or weight 30 pounds less than you did a few months ago.

"Decide what you want - To get support instead of criticism from the people you love, you may have to train them. Instead of begging, "Please help me lose weight" or "Be nicer to me", clarify exactly what you mean by those words, and then be more specific in your requests.

"Please don't say ---. Be sure you also let people know the things you don't want them to do or say." 
http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=2180126

No comments: