Monday, February 02, 2009

Things that help me calm down



Head or Tails : Theme Three's

MUSIC

I don't identify with the actually story of the song Two Beds and a coffee but I do identify with the sentiments and love the message to keep moving on. The chorus really appeals to me and I have always taken it in a positive. When I feel down or rejected then this is the song I like to listen.

The word of Life is Precious, life is good almost speak for themselves. This emconpasses who I have been, who I wish I was again - someone living life to the fullest. Its a song I like to listen to when I am celebrating and when I am down. In sense its my theme song - my song for all seasons of my life.






Wes King Lyrics


PHOTOS

I really love sunrise,sunsets, water, nature, all shades of blue and my daughter. Looking at photos of them bring back happy memories, help me contemplate, gives me hope for the future and reason to continue.

This demonstrated in the blog header I created and in the flickr mosaic in the blog post below.

More of my favourite things - in a slideshow to the music - song from the Sound of Music

BUTTERFLY


Quote:

"Butterfly: metamorphosis and transformation

Scientific research has shown that the butterfly is the only living being capable of changing entirely its genetic structure during the process of transformation: the caterpillar's DNA is totally different from the butterfly's. Thus, it is the symbol of total transformation.
Butterfly represents a need for change and greater freedom, and at the same time it represents courage: one requires courage to carry out the changes necessary in the process of growth. Its Medicine is related to the air and the mental powers. It teaches us to find clarity in the mental processes, to organize projects or to figure out the next step in our internal growth.
If Butterfly is your Power Animal or if you feel in any way attracted to it, this means you are ready to undergo some kind of transformation. Examine which stage calls your attention the most: the egg is the beginning, the birth of some project or idea. The larva's decision to manifest something in the physical world. The cocoon has to do with "going inside", either through insight or the development of the project or idea. The breaking of the cocoon deals with sharing the splendor of your creation with the whole world.
Once you understand the stage you are on, you can discover which is the next step.

Emailed by Standing Elk."

"The most amazing thing to me about the butterfly is in the cocoon stage. The body of the caterpillar totally liquefies. To me that is the ultimate surrender. There is no going back. There is just a period of reconfiguration, that looks like a blob of goo. All you can do is hope and pray everything comes out ok. But there really is nothing you can do to hurry the process. It happens in it's own time. Even when the butterfly is formed, she has to struggle to come out of the cocoon. If she doesn't struggle and get that exercise her wings wont be strong enough to fly. To me the butterfly is the ultimate in surrender, trust, transformation and freedom."
Joanne

12 comments:

Beverly said...

I'm visiting from swap-bot...and I'm sure I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

Ah, it's been awhile since I'd listened to 'Savage Garden' but that song is really uplifting. Listening to it put a smile on my face. =)

I also love photos of sunsets and sunrises. I think this became really apparent when I was eating at a restaurant in Austin that sits on a cliff and overlooks the lake. Later on in the night there was a really beautiful sunset... and I think I took about.. 30 photos or so of it. haha.. But really, I'm so fascinated by the hue changes in the sky during that time. It's kind of mesmerizing to realize that something that beautiful is a natural part of our world.

-- robotlove

Hootin Anni said...

Boy....that brings back some memories of our daughter's time at home, she loved Savage Garden...I too liked the one song a lot...

Happy H o T day, My Heads or Tails is posted, hope you can come join me today.

anthonynorth said...

An enjoyable post - and sing along :-)

Athrist said...

I think as with many people, I love photos of sunsets and sunrises, and of the moon too. They are very peaceful and calming.

Via swap-bot :-)

Tumblewords: said...

Very nice - great selection!

Momilani510 said...

Hi- another visitor from swap-bot, I hope you don't mind, but I added you blog to my list of blogs I love to lurk...I absolutely LOVE your photos...I'm sure I'll be back to visit again! Happy blogging & hope you have fun swapping on swap bot!-Tina

SandyCarlson said...

These are wonderful thoughts. I enjoyed your photography and your writing very much. God bless, Simone.

Misty DawnS said...

Fantastic post. I like Savage Garden too. TAKING the photos is what helps me ;-)

Barb said...

This whole post really touched me. The struggle, the successes, the "let's try this again" aspect of it.

I've not heard the song before but it was beautiful. Their songs usually are. The pictures used in it were perfect.

One foot in front of the other...

Lucy said...

lovely!

Butterfly Powers said...

I'm visiting because of the Butterfly images and quotes touching me. Although I've heard them, it's just great that your blog helps people this way. I would like to use the quotes you used, on my blog. My blog is on word press under Butterfly Powers.