Monday, September 15, 2008

Considering a career change

I always knew that I would change career paths and do several jobs before I die.
Jobs I have done include: factory worker, laboratory assistant, Au Pair, secretary, Administrative assistant, education officer, receptionist.
My Career has been as a Teacher - here I have taught several subjects and held a management position.
In my minds eye I have seen myself as an author, a trainer (in a broad sense)and/or running my own educational business (either a pre-school or tutoring centre).
Now I am at the point in my life where I need to choose one of those paths.
I might need to pick a job to fund either studying further or to raise some capital.
I am at the point of exploration.
This weekend the guest speaker at the Women's Retreat I attended made sparked off what I had been feeling inside myself but not yet fully contemplated or verbalised.
She is a Life-Coach.
I have loved being a teacher but I have also had a feeling that it was time to take a break or teach in a different environment. Part of the reason for moving to Northern Ireland was to give that opportunity.
The two goals on plate is to Start prepare/train for different career and to lose weight.
This weekend I put a timeline on the second goal.
Current weight 108.2kg - goal 65kg - timeline 1kg per week, 11 months in total.
I started today by ensuring I made wise eating choices and exercising.
I have also starting investigating the career options, I have ordered Martha Beck's
book Steering by starlight ( Step-by-step Guide to Fulfilling Your True Potential: How to Fulfil Your Destiny, No Matter What).

1 comment:

Gill said...

I'm sending bucket loads of encouragement your way Simone! I think it's wonderful the way you are clearly defining what your aims are.