Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Heads - Express

Heads or Tails hosted by Skittle

I have really being enjoying taking photographs. When my husband suggested that we get something more expensive I was resistant to the idea. I did not see photography as a hobby that I wanted to develop. I just wanted to capture some special moments and places. Plus I have started hobbies before, spent money on them and then not continued with them with the same passion. In fact I have even given away some of the tools and "materials" I have bought.

I have not written a poem since 1999. But recently I have felt that I should write something to go with the photographs that I have taken.

When I saw the prompt Express, my immediate thought was I need to take a photograph and express it in words. So I think I am going to play another game - Unconscious Mutterings i.e. write the first few things that come to my mind when I look at this particular photograph.........

Adventure

Natures climbing gym

Friendship

Be brave, be strong

You can do it!

See the head and the tail - what can it be
A big Whale!


14 comments:

Natalie said...

Great word association to match the picture. :)

Juliana RW said...

great post...

thanks for visiting my HOT :D

Annabel said...

good idea for a post!

Hootin Anni said...

My first thought....scraped knees. How's that for expressing? [just kidding]

My "Express" is posted. Here's the permalink to make it easier to find...

Come Visit Me Here - Express

Susan Demeter said...

Great idea for the theme! I too have a few "unfinished hobbies" :)

Happy HOT day!

Anonymous said...

Photography and Poetry seem to go hand-in-hand for me. Sometimes I don't even have to write anything, the photograph itself speaks volumes. Kind of like the one you shared!!

Misty DawnS said...

What a neat idea and a fun post!

bundle-o-contradictions said...

Beautiful! Happy Friday. :)

Anonymous said...

what a coincidence! I have felt the same yearning to write poetry for some photos. I have joined One Single Impression for that and it is quite a challenge for me to do but I love it (even tho I am nowhere as good as the others, but I don't even care!)

http://onesingleimpression.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is was an awesome way to take the theme this week. I love "nature's climbing gym"!

You did it.

Barb said...

I like the way you did this. Very cool. :)

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, good idea!! The photo is beautiful - I love rocks!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful picture and great description in words. I don't take the time anymore to write creatively. It's a wonderful reminder to slow down and enjoy what's right in front of us.

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

I love your take on expressive...especially the 'you can do it' its great how you tied it all together..